Monday 16 December 2019

Blogging (The Beginning)

Blogging (The Beginning) 


In the Culture Mission, I worked with Flosie and Khang. We decided we would do our mission on Blogging. For the research of this mission, we decided to look up various different blogging platforms that were suggested to us by the Introduction to Digital Media website. This included “Wordpress”, “Wix” and “Squarespace”. 

I got started on Wordpress and began to experiment with the blogging platform. I decided I wanted to use it to showcase my personal favourite artists in jazz, blues and funk. The first thing I did was play around with the settings and appearance of my blog.  I changed my blog to have calmer colours in it and added images of some of my favourite artists to it such as Nina Simone and James Brown. I found that at first, the settings were difficult to manage because the website was more sophisticated than a basic blogging platform. However, after a while, I found that after a bit of practice I was able to navigate the blogs and figure out the best way to optimise the capabilities of what my blog could offer.

I was able to figure out how to properly structure the way I wanted my blog to look and was even able to add in YouTube videos of my favourite artists.

After doing this I decided I would put in a small paragraph of facts about my favourite artist's and their background. For instance, did you know? James Brown was poverty-stricken and took odd jobs starting at the age of only 9.
When I was done with that I found that the site I used had a feature which let you make your own logo for your website, this was the logo I made for my website:
I decided to choose a very chic yet modern looking logo that I felt met the way I wanted to present my project's feel. The logo and the website were made to represent a comfortable and cosy atmosphere that people could just search up and relax.

After building my website I made it accessible to the public (https://www.google.com/url?q=https://thesoundlab.home.blog/&sa=D&ust=1574898300133000&usg=AFQjCNFTGySgQCG4GtM95uh0Wbo8B7qWyA)
and put it up on the group presentation for my other teammates to see, and in turn, I was able to see their blogs on their chosen websites too.

No comments:

Post a Comment